It is easy to come across people wearing greasy and dirty eyeglasses. The buildup of grease on the bridge of the frames and the nose pieces can be easily noticed by others. Besides, it can also cause clogged pores and black heads. Your glasses can get exposed to different types of oils from your hands, hair and skin. The oil can also interfere with the lenses and obscure your vision. The following cleaning tips will help you keep your glasses clean and free from all the oil and grime.
- spray some lens cleaner on the lens. Make sure to check the manufacturer’s instructions as to the type of spray you can use.
- Wipe off all the oil and dirt off the lens using a soft piece of cloth. Make sure that the cloth is clean and has microfibers.
Repeat these steps until the layer of oil is fully removed. If you find it difficult to get rid of the film, use white vinegar in place of the lens spray.
Besides using the above-mentioned steps, follow these tips and they will help you keep your eyeglasses clean and protected from bacterial buildup.
- If you are going out, always carry some moistened lens cleansing wipes. They are affordable and you can easily find them.
- Avoid the use of paper towels, napkins, toilet paper and tissues for wiping your glasses. All of them have some amount of wood in them and could cause scratches on the lenses.
- When cleaning eyeglasses with painted frames, care should be taken with regard to the choice of the cleansing material. Besides, you should also be careful when wiping the frame so as not to remove the paint.
- Make sure to wash your hands every time you clean the sunglasses. It will reduce the chances of having your fingerprints on the lens.
- Make sure that all the screws are tightened before the cleaning process. Otherwise, they may come off easily.
- Avoid the use of hot water because they can warp the frames.
When choosing the cleanser for your sunglasses or eyeglasses, make sure they don’t contain ammonia. The compound has been known to remove different types of coatings. It can also interfere with the frame’s paint.
So keep these points in mind to keep your eyeglasses clean. Kanda Optical is one of the leading suppliers of all types of eyeglasses and sunglasses. Explore their collection to make the right choice.